I made my own version of pasta fagioli. I was quite impressed by how good the soup turned out, considering I had to BS some of it. You will also notice I don't use the traditional pasta that is required in this recipe. That's because my grocery store doesn't have it. So brown rice pasta will have to do!
Try it yourself and let me know what you think!!
Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli
21 Day Fix Conversions: 1 Yellow, 1/2 Green
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 onion, whole
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 1/4 cups garbanzo beans
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup dry brown rice shells
1. In your slow cooker, combine crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetable broth, onion, parsley, garbanzo beans, and Italian seasoning2. Let cook on high for 3 1/2 hours.3. Add dry pasta and let cook for an additional 15-30 minutes, or until shells are cooked through.4. Top with chopped fresh parsley and grated cheese of your choice (optional) and serve.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 5