It has already proved itself though. Not physically, but my overall awareness of what I eat has shown itself. I have generally eaten pretty healthy...or so I thought. Then, as I researched more into Paleo and GF, I have noticed that I do not eat nearly enough fruits and vegetables as I should!!! So this past grocery visit was an eye opener. The majority of my foods were purchased in the first aisle.
Here was today's stock pile of GF approved foods...
- Sweet Potatoes
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Sirlon Steak
I got enough to have for lunch, dinner, and additional servings to freeze.
That is GF pizza crust, by the way :-)
Anyway, before I get side-tracked about the glory of corn, it is GF Friday! I am just late on this, but I want to share one GF receipe that I have tried & loved every Friday. So far, all that I have tried, I have loved. But we will start with this sexy meal...
Spicy Sriracha Chicken Over Quinoa
- 1 C dry Quinoa, cook according to package directions
- 1/4 C Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 C Green Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Green Pepper, diced
- 2 LBS Chicken Breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 C Sriracha (we suggest going less, unless you like to feel the burn!!!)
- 1/4 C Agave Nectar
- 1 TBSP Lime Juice
- Black Pepper to taste
- Garlic Salt to taste
- Cilantro to taste
- Melt oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Sauté onions & peppers until soft. Add chicken & cook until browned.
- Mix together syrup, lime juice & Sriracha in a bowl.
- Add the sauce to chicken & simmer for about 8 minutes and chicken is cooked through. Stir through out. Season to taste with pepper & garlic salt.
- Finish with cilantro and serve over prepared quinoa.
By the way, I have returned to running again! But that will be a separate post on it's own!
Do you like spicy foods?
Corn: Diet Friend or Foe?